Financial Aid Essentials
Welcome veterans, active-duty military, reserves, national guard, dependents, and spouses! We’re glad you’re here. Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is committed to helping you succeed. We hope to provide you with the resources to help you achieve your academic and career goals.
How to Apply
Step 1: Apply for VA education benefits with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
How to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits
If you have any questions regarding eligibility, you can contact them at 1-888-442-4551 or Ask VA.
- Have official copies of your high school transcripts, transcripts from previously attended colleges, universities, non-college degree schools, and military transcripts sent to Rowan-Cabarrus Office of the Registrar. An official transcript is one sent directly from your school either by mail, via CFNC, or other approved methods.
- Official transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or sent electronically from the sending institution. Transcripts which have been opened, scanned, or faxed are not accepted.
Mail transcripts to:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College – Office of the Registrar
P.O. Box 1595
Salisbury, N.C. 28145-1595
Step 5: Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, please complete our Rowan-Cabarrus VA Education Benefits form and return this to the Rowan-Cabarrus VA School Certifying Official. Contact information is listed on the form.
VA Pending Payment Compliance
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), Rowan-Cabarrus Community College will NOT take any of the following actions toward students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while their payment from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs is pending to the educational institution:
- Prevent their enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to;
- Require they secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA’s Certificate of Eligibility by the first day of class;
- Provide written request to be certified;
- Provide VA School Certifying Official with other information needed to properly certify the enrollment.